Coronavirus: Passengers in a coach coming from Italy confined to Perrache station in Lyon

The alert was apparently given by bus passengers alarmed by the strong cough of their driver. Since 7:30 am on Monday, the passengers of a bus from Milan (Italy) have been confined to the Perrache bus station in Lyon, due to a suspicion of coronavirus.

The 18 people boarding in Lyon were very rarely able to leave the coach

At 12:30 p.m., part of the passengers remained confined in one of the rooms of the [Perrache exchange center, but a majority had been able to leave the premises.

“Eighteen people who had just boarded the bus in Lyon to join Clermont-Ferrand were authorized to exit quickly,” said a mobilized fire safety officer. Passengers from Italy were detained for several hours.

The driver and a passenger who also had an influenza-like illness were said to have been hospitalized in Lyon to detect or confirm coronavirus contamination. Contacted by 20 Minutes, the ARS did not wish to give more information for the time being.

“We are there to assess the situation and make the best decisions,” said one spokesman for the health agency, anxious to avoid “any panic”.

More

Show your support if you like our work.

Author

Synthia Rozario
Synthia Rozario
Senior correspondant at The Eastern Herald. Formerly, correspondent of The Eastern Express, Hong Kong.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories

Yemen issues dire warning to Israel after prime minister’s assassination

Sanaa — Yemen’s Houthi-led authorities have vowed swift retaliation...

Global crime kingpin Amit Gupta drags Philphos and Buddy Zamora into scandal

The Philippine Phosphate Fertilizer Corporation (PHILPHOS), led by respected...

US silences Palestinian president Abbas at UN while backing Israel’s genocide in Gaza

Washington — The United States has barred Palestinian President...

Discover more from The Eastern Herald

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading