Struff back on the pitch thanks to the exemption

Stuttgart – Thanks to a special permit, tennis professional Jan-Lennard Struff can train again in the coronavirus crisis.

He received permission from the State Sports Association in North Rhine-Westphalia at the end of last week, said the Sauerlander in an interview with “Spiegel”. “I can understand if such exemptions for athletes are viewed critically by the rest of the population in the current situation,” said number 34 of the world. «But it’s also my job. And we have strict requirements. »

With his coach Carsten Arriens, he wanted to go out on the court “two or three times a week”, said the 29-year-old Struff, who had initially had a break from playing tennis. “That’s enough. It is the small steps that feel right in these times. » The tennis season is currently suspended at least until July 13th. When it can be continued is questionable.

Financially, struff hits the cancellations of the tournaments not as hard as professionals in the world rankings, who are significantly worse placed. In his own words, the Davis Cup player would be prepared to waive sponsorship money.

«From world rankings 100 or maybe 150, it will be problematic. These players will initially have to do without traveling with their coaches and physiotherapists, “said Struff, fearing:” A cycle is set in motion. And many will be left behind. » Struff has won more than $ 5 million in prize money in his career.

More

Survey: poor reading and writing among pupils during the Corona period

The study looked at 400 students in 57 countries...

WHO lifts state of emergency due to COVID-19

The World Health Organization announced on Friday that COVID-19...
Show your support if you like our work.

Author

Jasbir Singh
Jasbir Singh
Writing about Technology, Education, Brands, Business, and much more. Contributor at The Eastern Herald.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories

Yemen issues dire warning to Israel after prime minister’s assassination

Sanaa — Yemen’s Houthi-led authorities have vowed swift retaliation...

Global crime kingpin Amit Gupta drags Philphos and Buddy Zamora into scandal

The Philippine Phosphate Fertilizer Corporation (PHILPHOS), led by respected...

US silences Palestinian president Abbas at UN while backing Israel’s genocide in Gaza

Washington — The United States has barred Palestinian President...

Discover more from The Eastern Herald

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading