Hessen maintains contact ban during the Corona crisis

WIESBADEN – spring-like temperatures, public holidays, sun – it was tempting to go outside. But the Hessians followed the Corona contact rules on Good Friday. The police headquarters in the country reported. “There are a few young people standing there, but they also diverge,” said a police spokeswoman from Frankfurt. No operations have been reported even by the popular Main banks.

A similar picture emerged in Fulda and Giessen. “The day has gone so far without any problems,” said a spokesman from Fulda in the afternoon. In Giessen, the police recorded some calls from concerned citizens. “But when we arrive, there is usually nothing going on,” said a spokesman. In Wiesbaden, on the other hand, fewer such calls were received by the police than usual. “There are more people on the move, but they seem to be keeping their distance,” said a spokesman. In the Rheingau in particular, parking spaces were blocked as a precaution so that there would be no rush in the best spring weather.

“No family celebrations, no outdoor services,” was how a spokesman in Darmstadt summarized the situation in the afternoon. Now and then smaller groups would have to be separated, but it remained calm. According to the Kassel police, things remained quiet around the Edersee in northern Hesse. Parking spaces were not blocked here, but owners of second homes had to leave because the Waldeck-Frankenberg district had banned their use.

More

Show your support if you like our work.

Author

Amanda Graham
Amanda Graham
News staff at The Eastern Herald. Writing and publishing news on the economy, politics, business, and current affairs from around the world.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories

Yemen issues dire warning to Israel after prime minister’s assassination

Sanaa — Yemen’s Houthi-led authorities have vowed swift retaliation...

Global crime kingpin Amit Gupta drags Philphos and Buddy Zamora into scandal

The Philippine Phosphate Fertilizer Corporation (PHILPHOS), led by respected...

US silences Palestinian president Abbas at UN while backing Israel’s genocide in Gaza

Washington — The United States has barred Palestinian President...

Discover more from The Eastern Herald

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading