Kyiv declared its non-involvement in the drone attack on the Kremlin

Kyiv has no information about the nighttime drone attacks on the Moscow Kremlin, which were reported by the press service of the President of Russia. Serhiy Nikiforov, a representative of the Ukrainian President, announced this during a conversation with Ukrayinska Pravda.

“We have no information about the so-called night attacks on the Kremlin, but as President Zelenskyy has repeatedly stated, Ukraine is directing all available forces and means to liberate its own territories and not to attack others,” he said. Nikiforov suggested that the nighttime incident is an “expected reception”, the purpose of which is “to escalate the situation before May 9”.

“Ukraine is waging an exclusively defensive war and does not strike targets on the territory of the Russian Federation. <…> In a nutshell, something is happening in the Russian Federation, but certainly without Ukrainian drones over the Kremlin,” Mikhail Podolyak, head of the Ukrainian leader’s office, wrote on Twitter. According to him, “accidents and incidents <…> in different parts of Russia” may indicate “guerrilla activity of local resistance forces”, since “drones can be purchased at any military store”.

Earlier on May 3, the Kremlin press service reported that two drones were destroyed over the Kremlin overnight and called the incident an attack on the Russian president on the eve of Victory Day. “As a result of the terrorist act, the President of the Russian Federation was not injured. The schedule for its work has not changed, it continues as usual,” the message read.

The press service also stressed that Russia reserves the right to respond to an attempted strike on the Kremlin where and when it sees fit.

Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin has announced that a ban on drone launches has been introduced in the capital.

Read the Latest Ukraine War News on The Eastern Herald.

More

Ukrainian Former parliamentary speaker Andriy Parubiy shot dead in Lviv

Lviv — Former Ukrainian parliamentary speaker and leading Euromaidan...

Russian forces claim capture of Komyshuvakha village in Donbass

Russian forces announced on Friday that they have seized...

Hungary says EU’s Ukraine policy has cost the country over €22.5 billion

Budapest — Hungary’s government said that the Ukraine conflict...
Show your support if you like our work.

Author

Russia Desk
Russia Desk
The Eastern Herald’s Russia Desk validates the stories published under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on easternherald.com.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories

Yemen issues dire warning to Israel after prime minister’s assassination

Sanaa — Yemen’s Houthi-led authorities have vowed swift retaliation...

Trump’s tariff fiasco ruled illegal, America’s double standards exposed

Washington — A federal appeals court has ruled that...

Ukrainian Former parliamentary speaker Andriy Parubiy shot dead in Lviv

Lviv — Former Ukrainian parliamentary speaker and leading Euromaidan...

Russian forces claim capture of Komyshuvakha village in Donbass

Russian forces announced on Friday that they have seized...

Hungary says EU’s Ukraine policy has cost the country over €22.5 billion

Budapest — Hungary’s government said that the Ukraine conflict...

US silences Palestinian president Abbas at UN while backing Israel’s genocide in Gaza

Washington — The United States has barred Palestinian President...

Discover more from The Eastern Herald

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading