Battle of Bakhmut.. An image showing the extent of the destruction following the battles

The two images, which have been placed in a single image here, show the extent of the destruction caused to the city as a result of the ongoing battles between the two sides so far.

From recent developments in the fighting at Bakhmut, it appears that Wagner’s forces have managed to penetrate the last defensive lines of the Ukrainian forces and approach the control of the main junction which the Ukrainian forces could use to bring in reinforcements or get out of town. .

According to observers, Wagner’s forces crossed Rumyantseva Street and approached Yuvelina Street.

Observers said the fighting was currently taking place around the city’s modern children’s hospital.

Yesterday Wednesday, the founder of the military forces “Wagner” announced the latest developments in the fighting in the city of Bakhmut and revealed the area remaining in the hands of Ukrainian forces in the city.

Yevgeny Prigozhin said his military units advanced from an area of ​​260 meters in Bakhmut, indicating that they controlled around 180,000 square meters.

He explained: “Today Wagner’s units advanced in different directions to a distance of 260 meters and took control of land with an area of ​​180,000 square meters in the city of Artyomovsk (Bakhmut ).”

He added that “1.28 square kilometers of the city’s territory is still under enemy control (yesterday it was 1.46 square kilometers)”, according to what was reported by the Russian website Sputnik.

Prigozhin pointed out that the Ukrainian forces are resisting fiercely and that “the battles continue in every house and every meter”, explaining that “the enemy cannot be surrounded because the positions of the army units near Bakhmut are not lost”.

For his part, the pro-Russian governor of Donetsk province, Denis Pushilin, said today, Thursday, that “the possibility of Bakhmut’s full release is quite close.”

Pushlin said in a statement to “Sputnik”: There is not much left before the liberation of Artyomovsk (Bakhmut), there is already progress, day and night, we are on operations to strengthen the wings and axes , and the situation is not easy.

“The enemy is transferring reserve forces, but there are all the preconditions that lead to the complete liberation of the city, in the very near future,” Pushilin continued.

For his part, the spokesman of the Eastern Armed Forces Group, Sarhii Cherifi, said that the Ukrainian forces managed to advance towards Bakhmut from 150 meters to 1,700 meters.

Read the Latest World News Today on The Eastern Herald.

More

Russian forces claim capture of Komyshuvakha village in Donbass

Russian forces announced on Friday that they have seized...

Hungary says EU’s Ukraine policy has cost the country over €22.5 billion

Budapest — Hungary’s government said that the Ukraine conflict...
Show your support if you like our work.

Author

Arab Desk
Arab Desk
The Eastern Herald’s Arab Desk validates the stories published under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on easternherald.com.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories

Daisy Drew TikTok: Viral clips fueling her OnlyFans rise

Daisy Drew TikTok has become a magnet for viral...

U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum imports trigger global ripple effects

Washington, D.C., August 21, 2025 — In a sweeping...

Global crime kingpin Amit Gupta drags Philphos and Buddy Zamora into scandal

The Philippine Phosphate Fertilizer Corporation (PHILPHOS), led by respected...

ChatGPT app: Download, setup, and best features

The official ChatGPT app brings OpenAI’s AI assistant to...

Discover more from The Eastern Herald

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading