Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Ryabkov called US threats to strike Crimea irresponsible

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov commented on the words of US Presidential Assistant for National Security Jake Sullivan, saying that Crimea is part of Russia and that US threats of strikes were irresponsible.

“Crimea is an integral part of the Russian Federation, and attempts to present the issue in a different way, to threaten, to raise the issue in the plan that all this is in doubt is another confirmation of the course irresponsible escalation by Washington,” he told reporters.

Ryabkov also stressed that the Russian side will figure out how to prevent this from happening.

Jake Sullivan had previously said that the United States did not allow Ukraine to use Western weapons to strike Russian territory, but Crimea was not considering it.

Earlier, Russian Ambassador to the United States Anatoly Antonov said that Russia would consider a possible strike by Ukrainian armed forces in Crimea as an attack on any territory of the country.

Read the Russia Ukraine News on The Eastern Herald.

More

Ukrainian Former parliamentary speaker Andriy Parubiy shot dead in Lviv

Lviv — Former Ukrainian parliamentary speaker and leading Euromaidan...

Russian forces claim capture of Komyshuvakha village in Donbass

Russian forces announced on Friday that they have seized...

Hungary says EU’s Ukraine policy has cost the country over €22.5 billion

Budapest — Hungary’s government said that the Ukraine conflict...
Show your support if you like our work.

Author

News Room
News Room
The Eastern Herald’s Editorial Board validates, writes, and publishes the stories under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on easternherald.com.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories

Yemen issues dire warning to Israel after prime minister’s assassination

Sanaa — Yemen’s Houthi-led authorities have vowed swift retaliation...

Global crime kingpin Amit Gupta drags Philphos and Buddy Zamora into scandal

The Philippine Phosphate Fertilizer Corporation (PHILPHOS), led by respected...

US silences Palestinian president Abbas at UN while backing Israel’s genocide in Gaza

Washington — The United States has barred Palestinian President...

Discover more from The Eastern Herald

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading