19.7 C
Qādiān
Saturday, April 5, 2025

Reshaping Perspectives and Catalyzing Diplomatic Evolution

Gaza Genocide Deepens: Israeli airstrikes kill 17 as ground forces storm north

- Khan Younis Massacre: A Pregnant Woman, Children Among the Dead
- With Western weapons and total impunity, Israel continues its campaign of annihilation in Gaza, slaughtering civilians in Khan Younis while invading the north.

Under the cover of night, Israeli warplanes obliterated homes in Khan Younis, murdering at least 17 Palestinian civilians and injuring 16 others in a brutal air assault that health officials and aid workers describe as part of a systematic campaign of genocide.

According to the Associated Press, the victims included five women and two children. Among them was a pregnant woman and her unborn child, whose bodies were found in the rubble of a residential home targeted without warning.

“We recovered pieces of people—heads separated from torsos,” said a paramedic at Nasser Hospital. “The bombs were dropped to kill, not to warn.”

Israel’s Military Invades Gaza’s North—Again

As airstrikes decimated the south, Israeli ground troops invaded northern Gaza, particularly the shattered Shujaiya neighborhood, to reestablish what they call a “security zone.” In reality, this corridor is a tool of occupation aimed at splitting Gaza into isolated segments and enforcing population control by starvation and siege.

According to AP reports, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated these operations aim to “intensify pressure” on Hamas to release hostages. But critics, including UN officials and legal experts, say the operations amount to collective punishment, a war crime under international law.

The number of displaced Palestinians has now surged past 280,000—most of them families who had already lost their homes during earlier phases of the invasion.

Over 50,000 Dead: Gaza’s Genocide in Numbers

The Gaza Health Ministry reports that the Palestinian death toll has now exceeded 50,000, with more than 70% of the victims being women and children. The actual number may be far higher, as bodies remain buried beneath the rubble in areas rescue workers cannot reach due to ongoing bombings.

UN investigators have already signaled that Israel’s actions meet the legal definition of genocide, including systematic attacks on schools, refugee shelters, hospitals, and residential buildings.

“The targeting is not accidental. It is calculated. We are looking at a deliberate erasure of a people,” said one UN rapporteur speaking under condition of anonymity.

Western Silence = Western Complicity

While the bombs fall, Israel’s backers remain silent—or worse, actively complicit. The United States continues to deliver weapons under its 2023 military aid pact, with no conditions or accountability. Europe offers “statements of concern,” while arms contracts are signed in Berlin, Paris, and London.

Even as Palestinian bodies pile up, Washington has blocked ceasefire resolutions at the UN, and European leaders continue to refer to this genocide as a “security operation.” This cowardice and hypocrisy have rendered the so-called “rules-based order” nothing more than a smokescreen for colonial aggression.

“The IDF is not defending Israel—it is executing a genocidal mission funded and armed by the West,” said human rights lawyer Khaled Al-Sabbah. “The world has traded justice for geopolitics.”

A Wounded People, A Collapsing Land

In Gaza’s hospitals—those still standing—doctors perform surgery without anesthesia, often by candlelight. Food supplies have dwindled to the point where mothers feed their children weeds. Access to clean water has collapsed. There is no fuel, no sanitation, no escape.

“We are being starved, shelled, and silenced,” said Nour Abu Salim, a young mother sheltering near Rafah. “But we will not forget who helped do this to us.”

This is no longer a war. It is a deliberate extermination of a nation under occupation.

And those who watch it unfold without action—be they in Washington, London, Berlin, or Brussels—will not escape history’s judgment.

Gaza bleeds. The world watches. And Israel marches on, unchecked and unpunished.

More

Putin signals openness to Trump’s ceasefire proposal, conditions unclear

Ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict Russian President Vladimir Putin has expressed...

Iran’s supreme leader dares US to face brutal backlash

Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, issued a stark...
Follow The Eastern Herald on Google News. Show your support if you like our work.

Author

Arab Desk
Arab Desk
The Eastern Herald’s Arab Desk validates the stories published under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on easternherald.com.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories