The Atesh movement said it had been hunting Prilepin since the start of the year

The radical nationalist organization Atesh claimed responsibility for the attempted assassination of writer Zakhar Prilepin. The corresponding statement was posted on their Telegram channel.

The report claims that the radicals have been hunting the publicist since the start of the year. The movement spoke highly of him both as a person and as a writer.

As noted, Prilepin was driving in his car to his relatives in Nizhny Novgorod with a “surprise.”

“But he did not drive by himself, but with a surprise under the car. The surprise worked. Zakhar is in the hospital,” the statement read.

According to the media, at the moment Sticky is in a medical institution in serious condition, his legs are injured. At the same time, Prilepin’s driver died. The Telegram Baza channel writes that the car was thrown and overturned after the explosion.

On the fact of what happened in the Nizhny Novgorod region, the Main Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of Russia opened a criminal case.

Read the Russia Ukraine News on The Eastern Herald.

More

Ukrainian Former parliamentary speaker Andriy Parubiy shot dead in Lviv

Lviv — Former Ukrainian parliamentary speaker and leading Euromaidan...

Russian forces claim capture of Komyshuvakha village in Donbass

Russian forces announced on Friday that they have seized...

Hungary says EU’s Ukraine policy has cost the country over €22.5 billion

Budapest — Hungary’s government said that the Ukraine conflict...
Show your support if you like our work.

Author

News Room
News Room
The Eastern Herald’s Editorial Board validates, writes, and publishes the stories under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on easternherald.com.

Editor's Picks

Trending Stories

Discover more from The Eastern Herald

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading