TodaySunday, August 23, 2026

Flood and landslide wreak havoc in Rwanda, 135 will die

May 14, 2023

Kigali: Recent floods and landslides in Rwanda have killed at least 135 people and one more is still missing. The government has given this information. The ministry in charge of emergency management said in its latest update on Saturday that around 110 people were injured in the disaster. According to a news agency report, the ministry said that 20 national roads, 12 power stations and 8 water treatment plants were also destroyed.

The government had earlier said 131 people were killed, 94 others were injured and nearly 9,000 were displaced by heavy rains in Rwanda’s western, northern and southern provinces on May 2 and 3. Rwandan President Paul Kagame vowed to provide aid to those affected while visiting disaster-hit areas in Rubavu district on Friday.

Read the Latest India News Today on The Eastern Herald.

News Room

News Room

Covering U.S. and global politics, international relations, national security, and breaking news as it unfolds.

Leave a Reply

Don't Miss