TodayMonday, August 17, 2026

So far 459 people have died in Sudan conflict, more than 4000 injured: WHO

April 25, 2023

Geneva: The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday that at least 459 people have been killed and 4,072 injured in the violent conflict between the government army and the Rapid Support Force (RSF) paramilitary forces in Sudan. WHO representative in Sudan, Dr. Nima Saeed Abid gave this information on Tuesday. Dr Abid told a briefing here today that the actual figure was “undoubtedly” higher. They have confirmed 14 attacks on medical facilities since the conflict began in the country in mid-April.

He also called on all parties to end these attacks. Violent clashes broke out in Khatroom between Sudan’s regular armed forces and the powerful RSF. The army accused the RSF of mutiny and launched airstrikes against their positions. Sudanese army chief Abdel Fattah Burhan issued a decree disbanding the RSF. The parties have made several temporary nationwide ceasefires since then, but they have yet to reach a resolution to the conflict.

Read the Latest India News Today on The Eastern Herald.

News Room

News Room

Covering U.S. and global politics, international relations, national security, and breaking news as it unfolds.

Leave a Reply

Don't Miss